Summary of Position
The successful candidate will be responsible for executing, coordinating and expediting a succession of different engineering jobs, as part of operational or capital expenditure projects.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Able to ensure that all programs and controls maintain a safe operating environment.
- Must liaise with other automation specialists and engineers to ensure client needs are met.
- Must be able to work independently and in a team environment to meet tight deadlines.
- Responsible for estimating and monitoring costs, providing guidance and technical expertise in development projects and acting as team leader.
- Accountable for project completion using BESTECH principles, and techniques, considering the implications of issues such as cost, safety and time constraints.
- Prepare technical documentation including business requirements and functional descriptions.
- Perform systems commissioning and troubleshooting.
- Ability to conduct research and develop strategies and implement innovative solutions.
- Travel to and from sites as required.
Essential Job Requirements & Experience
- Engineering or related discipline.
- Five (5) years’ experience preferred.
- Knowledge of mining and mine ventilation an asset.
- PLC, HMI, and DCS programming on a variety of platforms.
- Experience with Schneider Electric and Allen Bradley products.
- Product design experience.
- Ability to research different components.
- Proven background in commissioning.
- Client relationship management experience.
- Oral and written communication skills, with exceptional report writing skills.